add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
Purdue newsreel, 1955-1956

If the video does not play smoothly, try the low quality version

Access this item.
Purdue ID NumberPV00002
TitlePurdue newsreel, 1955-1956
DescriptionThis fall Mr. L. Freehafer was appointed University Business Manager. William Cone was named Head of Student Health Service. Jack Mollenkopf was named head coach of the football team. Campus improvements include the Intramural Gymnasium (under construction), known today as the Co-Rec.
Description ContinuedHeavilon Hall was demolished and replaced by a new Heavilon Hall. The Memorial Annex, later known as Stewart Hall, is being completed. New one story dorms occupy area that used to house the Purdue Farm. The new Home Economics Building was completed (now known as Stone Hall). Tarkington Hall and Wiley Hall are both under construction (known as the H-dorms at the time of construction).
Date of Original1956
SubjectsPurdue University
Genre (TGM)Newsreels
RepositoryPurdue University Libraries, Archives and Special Collections
CollectionPurdue University Newsreels
File Name19551956.flv
RightsCourtesy of Purdue Alumni Association; copyright Purdue University
Date Digitized8/30/2006
Newsreel Location
URI ark:/34231/c61j98ts
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next