add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Purdue newsreel, 1957-1958

If the video does not play smoothly, try the low quality version

Access this item.
Purdue ID NumberPV00004
TitlePurdue newsreel, 1957-1958
DescriptionThis year, Purdue used for the first time closed circuit TV to allow teachers to reach a larger group of people. The long standing tradition of seniors creating a pair of yellow cords to be worn after the first parade lives on. (This tradition is continued in 2006 with the participation of 6 student organizations). Tarkington Hall and Wiley Hall were dedicated this year.
Description ContinuedMany students are shown at the new outdoor swimming pool at the Co-Rec, cooling off. The reflection pool at the Memorial Union was completed, (it has been since removed). Memorial Lawn had a complete facelift, adding crossing sidewalks and landscaping. Ground breaking for the Veterinarian Science building was done this year. Purdue University Vice President Dr. R. B. Stewart rededicated the "Old Pump, " a campus landmark which was refurbished by the Purdue University Reamer Club.
Date of Original1958
SubjectsPurdue University
Genre (TGM)Newsreels
RepositoryPurdue University Libraries, Archives and Special Collections
TypeMovingImage
Formatvideo
CollectionPurdue University Newsreels
File Name19571958.flv
RightsCourtesy of Purdue Alumni Association; copyright Purdue University
Date Digitized9/08/2006
Newsreel Locationhttp://www4.lib.purdue.edu/spcol/newsreels/1958.html
URI ark:/34231/c6s181k1
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next